Saturday, March 15, 2008

nine.

Listening to the waters from the faux waterfalls created by the town lake, I realize that this is the closest thing I’ll have to an ocean. Listening to the carefully orchestrated melodies found in the songs, I realize this is the closest that I’ll ever be to knowing just what the master meant. Do they even see me as they live their lives? How many taxis can fit in a one mile stretch? I find it funny, the freeways are deserted, but the nightlife lives on well into the night. Introspection. Reflection. Pursuit of perfection. A reaction...simplified into a fraction. Why do I bother searching for something I’ll probably never find? Why do I dream of a life I’ll never live? I guess that if it makes a difference in one person’s life, it was worth it. However, then is posed the ever present questions: how will I know if that one life has been touched? When will that moment of clarity and purpose come? Who knows? I don’t. I don’t. I don’t. I’m searching for a speck of originality in a sea of the unimaginative.

No comments: