Friday, June 11, 2010

twenty.



Neon, neon...who knows how long she can go before she burns away.

When you hear the word fire, you most likely hear of it in a negative context. Often times a relationship will die because it's "lost the fire" that it once had. Many people use the phrase "burnt out" as a scapegoat for lacking the imagination to keep that ever elusive fire burning. It's looked at as something that has to be maintained, rather than something that should be nourished.

I see it differently.

When I hear the word fire, I hear it as a call. A call to live with fire. To live with passion. I want to accept the challenge to ignite myself, metaphorically. Spark an introspective revolution. Fan the embers of what could be, and accept the flames that come. Without a chance of being burned, what are we living for?

No comments: